Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a Very Green and Unexpected visitor!

I came home the other night from a Relief Society activity with Braden and when I got to the door there was the cutest little frog just perched halfway up the door! I sat and looked at him and thought that was about the funnest thing I've ever had on my door. It was a tree frog - which, in my opinion, are way cuter than any other kind of frog. I'm sure he was probably excited about all the moths and bugs flying around our porch light.
Anyway, I didn't want to scare him away so I called Justin on his phone (he was inside the house) to have him come around from the back and see this cute little visitor. Unfortunately, he didn't answer his phone. So I carefully opened the door a little and hollered in for him to come quick and see this frog on our door! Apparently I shouldn't have been afraid of him jumping away, I should have been more careful about him jumping into the house! Who knew?! I really never thought he would come in! Or that if he came in it would be so hard to get him out! He really enjoyed our little linen closet for some reason.

I couldn't believe how far he could jump - at one point he did a suicide dive and jumped from the ceiling (limbs flailing) across the hallway to the floor! It didn't even seem to phase him. I guess he does jump for a living. So, I took a few pictures as he took a tour of our house - during all of this Justin was trying to catch him. As it turns out frogs are also very slippery and hard to catch. Just in case anyone wanted to know. :)

Justin finally got him inside a cup and we let Braden take a closer look at him before setting him free back into the wild. I'm sure he'll think twice before he comes into anyone's house again! Oh, and you may ask what I was doing to help the situation of catching the frog? Absolutely nothing. I sat there fascinated and kind of freaked out all at the same time. I jumped and gave a little gasp every time the frog did anything. I have no idea why! I have no fear of frogs. I actually quite enjoy them. But I just didn't know what to do with myself! Braden was fascinated with the whole thing...between his dad leap
ing all over the place chasing after this little green thing and his mom jumping with the frog, he had quite the show. Anyway, it was a pretty exciting night in the Peterson home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too funny. I can just imagine you guys chasing the little guy all over.

Amanda said...

Wow! A tree frog in your house! I probably would have freaked out a little more than that :) And by the way, I LOVE Braden's laugh that almost sounds fake. It cracks me up!

Jamie Younker said...

WHOA! So funny! That's one thing that would never happen here in Logan. Moths, bees, bugs and creepy spiders- yes. Cute jumpy froggies- not so much.

P.S. Thanks for letting me know it's not just me that's losing my mind. I think it comes with parenthood.