Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A couple of Firsts


The other day, Braden discovered the joy of getting into the toilet paper! :) I have to laugh because I was in the shower and he was playing there in the bathroom with some toys. I got lost in my thoughts for a few minutes and then came back to reality and thought "hmmm...I haven't heard Braden in a little while." I stuck my head around the curtain and sure enough, there he was with a pile of toilet paper. He thought it was just great fun!
This is going to sound a little funny, but this was a really fun and somewhat momentous occasion for me. I know, you're thinking toilet paper is momentous? But when I was working with kids who had disabilities there was a particular family who I was very close to who had a little boy who had some major physical disabilities. And when he was around 2 years old that mom and I celebrated the day that he used his walker to get into the bathroom and pulled all the toilet paper down. He was finally developmentally advanced enough that he could get into mischief!
So it just makes me smile to see Braden finding a way to get into some mischief. Don't worry, we aren't going to have a toilet paper party or make a habit of pulling the whole roll of toilet paper out or anything, but it just does my heart good to see him discover things like that! :)

Braden sits in the sink and "helps" me get ready everyday. He is particularly fond of the blush brush and reaches up to brush my face with it. It is so stinking cute!

Another first around here is Braden drinking out of his little cup! I took off the lid with just a little bit of water in there and gave it to him to practice and he drank it down like a champ! I had to put more in the cup for him. He just thought he was the coolest thing ever.

And, of course, this is the end result caught in action. I'm sure the not dumping the water all over your tray will be a work in progress for a long time to come. :)A few random pics:
We finally got to wear this cute little sailor outfit (thanks Dana!) and it just looks so cute on him. He's sporting his sad little puppy dog eyes in this one. Probably because he really just wanted the camera, not me to take a picture of him with the camera.

Braden has started kneeling lately to play with things, so that he can have both hands free. And then I just really love this mid-crawl snapshot. He gets so excited to go and get things.

1 comments:

Elisa said...

How fun! He is getting so big!