Thursday, September 3, 2009

Crawling and Cruising!

I know I've been blogging like a madman, but I had to finally get caught up to today and what's going on right now, which for Braden is cruising and crawling all over the place! It's so fun to see him mobile. He has been pulling himself up to everything and cruising everywhere since we got here, but in the last week he also learned how to crawl. His main goal is to walk (and has been since he was 2 weeks old), so at first his crawling was only used to get over to something he could pull himself up to and walk alongside. But now he's realizing more and more that he can get around on his hands and knees! I think he's a lot less frustrated in his playing and can finally do some of the things he always wanted to. :) As my friend Jennifer said, "now the real fun begins!"
He realized I had the camera and left his standing at the couch to come and get it
He's doing really well at cruising from one piece of furniture to the other
It's so funny to see him practicing picking things up. I love watching him learn! He will get a toy or something, pick it up and then drop it on the ground again to see if he can pick it up again. He's doing the same thing with lowering himself to the ground and then pulling himself back up to stand, over and over again.
He discovered bubbles the other day while I was washing dishes. He's not a big fan of how they taste (thank goodness) but he loves to play with them!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hello! I found your blog while I was blog surfing :) I would love to invite you to mine! Send me your email address on Facebook and I'll send you the invite. I'm excited to keep in touch with you!

Amanda (rawlings) Jensen

Jamie Younker said...

This kiddo is just too cute! I can't believe how much he's growing up! He seems to have tons of personality... just like his mama!