Sunday, July 3, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa Monson come to visit!

My mom is absolutely amazing and came to stay with us for a month after Cameron was born. Justin was preparing to take the boards (and 8hr test that plays a big role in determining what kind of specialty he can get into for residency) and was gone from 8am-9pm six days a week studying at the library. I would not have survived this month in a sane state of mind without her!!! It was such a blessing and I'm so grateful for such an amazing mom who would willingly fly across the country and put her life on hold for a month to make my life better.
She is absolutely amazing.
I hope I can be a mom like her some day.
My dad also came out for the last week she was there and we tried to do some fun things while they were there:

The beautiful Botanical Gardens!


(I absolutely LOVE Southern Magnolia trees. Isn't this blossom beautiful?! It was about the size of a dinner plate!)


We celebrated my birthday!
My mom spoiled me all day with breakfast in bed, having lunch all together at the school with Justin, she made my favorite potato salad and even grilled steaks in the intense heat and humidity for dinner and to top it all off she made me the most beautiful, delicious cake!!
I'm telling you, she is just amazing! :)


We went to the Harbor Fest and saw all the cool Tall Ships


and played in the fountain of course.

Went to the Aquarium



Went to the Zoo
(Justin even got to take a break and join us for that one!)

And drove across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
(a bridge and tunnel by us that spans 20 miles across the Chesapeake Bay over to the Eastern Shore of Virginia)



Thanks Mom and Dad Monson!!!!
We love you!

1 comments:

Jamie Younker said...

Can I please eat that cake?

Thanks.

P.S.- What a fun visit from your parents! I love them!