Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow Day!!!

It snowed about 8 inches!
(That is a TON of snow for here)
It was a lot of fun and that snow shovel that we just happened to bring with us really came in handy! We were lending it to all the neighbors (who were outside using shovels - the metal kind you dig in the dirt with (not so great for snow)). Braden loves being on the couch and looking out the window and this morning he was amazed that everything was covered in white!
He has seen snow before, but I'm sure he doesn't remember it at all, so this was kind of like his first real experience with the snow. He wasn't sure what to think of it...but it was a fun new experience anyway.
It snowed Friday night and most everything was shut down until the Wednesday afterward. It was quite fun! Church was cancelled, schools were closed and the government offices were all shut down.

We didn't really have snow clothes for Braden, so we put together the few things we could find...

...and yes, those are oversized church shoes he has on! Ha ha! We just don't have anything boot-like for him! The most snow-resistant shoes he owns are a pair of church shoes that are too big. It was pretty funny!

"What is this stuff?"

He just stayed there in one spot and wouldn't move his feet. I think he thought he was stuck there!

Brrr....it's cold!!!

I think the snow made Justin miss his snowboarding days last winter (he worked at Beaver Mtn Ski Resort). I walked down the street a few blocks to visit a neighbor and her daughter and we made snow angels together. It was so much fun! It has been a LONG time since I have made a snow angel. Then the little girl asked me how to make a snowball. (they really don't get a lot of snow around here)


On a funny side note, I mailed Justin's snowboard to my brother last week (we are definitely not going to get any use of it around here - there isn't even a large hill anywhere nearby to use even when there is snow) and everyone who saw me lugging it around acted astounded. I got comments like, "wow that is one big skateboard!" "going skiing, huh?" "what is that thing?". Most other people just looked at me like I was pretty weird. It was really, really funny!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Elise, your baby is a little boy. I can't beleive how big he is. That's hilarious about the snow shovel, I bet they were so grateful. It looks like you guys are just doing great. We sure miss having you guys around, but are glad you are having a good time.

Jamie Younker said...

I can't imagine not knowing how to make a snowball. LoL. So it's totally been forever since I've left a comment on your blog too. But just so you know- I love to read your blog, and I think your family is too cute for words.

As for the weight loss secrets? I cut all white flour, and I only allow myself one starchy food a day (like if I have a baked potato for lunch I can't have brown rice for dinner... ) And I cut out sugar as well, except for on special occasions. But really I owe most of my success to Tony Horton's Ten Minute Trainer videos. Check them out, they are AWESOME! A tad pricey but worth it. They're perfect for a busy busy mom who wants to get into shape!
LOVE YOU!