Monday, August 3, 2009

HELP! What do you do in the car for 4 days?

I'm writing this to say that although I have TONS of fun things to blog about (family picture, Braden learning to spit and trying to crawl, Peterson's trip to Oregon, a very cute photo shoot of Braden...) I apologize that I don't think I'll be getting much of anything on here over the next month or so, because we have some huge changes coming up. Tomorrow night, we head for Utah for a week with family and to pack up a u-haul and head across the country for our big move to Norfolk, Virginia. Once there, we will unpack like crazy and Justin will start medical school...plus there is a warm Virginia Beach about 15 minutes away that will constantly be calling our names...

So, that's where we will be! Crazy, eh? It's all really exciting and a little daunting to me. So ready or not here we go!
**Also, if anyone happens to know of good roadtrip games PLEASE let me know. Stuck in a car for 4 days straight...I will take all the help I can get! What do you all do in the car on long road trips?

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Oh Moving Day! I remember it well. It is so much fun driving across the country! :) Hmm...I don't even know what we did with our time. We drove a lot to get our trip done in 2 days, so I helped drive, sleep, read...that was about it. But hopefully you have a safe trip and enjoy your new home! If you are driving through Ohio and need a place to stay you can give me a call!

KB Kidz said...

Oh Elise! Ya know Brian and I are just about to head back home to S. California from Southbend Indiana. We've been brainstorming how we are going to keep Cadence entertained and busy cause she very strongly dislikes the carseat :D We've decided car mirrors are great (Cadence thinks she is pretty cute), portable DVD players aren't bad either - she likes the movement and thinks the ppl on the movies are talking to her, toys with noises are good. We also have tried to take routes that allow us to make church history stops to break up the mundane. We sang lots on the way here.. oh and I have a small stack of children's books I will be reading over and over and over ...