Tuesday, August 25, 2009

feeling lonely...

My goodness, it is hard to say goodbye. And it is such a lonely feeling to come home to an empty home. Justin and I have the best family anyone could ask for. We would have never made it without them. I know that in the next little while we will get into our life's rhythm and everything will become normal and enjoyable and great, but right now I am just plain lonely with some sadness mixed in...
And wouldn't you know it, just at the right moment as I am sitting here and crying, Justin called. He is so good at that. He is amazing at cheering me up and giving me the boost I need. Heavenly Father knew what He was doing when he brought Justin into my life. I'm so glad I have him. And sweet little Braden. Anyway, good friends and family are the best, even if saying goodbye is terrible. :) I love you all!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Hey Elise! Glad you guys made it safely to your new home. And feeling lonely at first is totally normal. Soon you will get in with other med student wives and your ward and it will all be better. Of course we still miss our families and can't wait for those times when we get to see them, but soon you will love where you are and feel right at home! That was how it was for me anyways, so hang in there!

The Anything Girl said...

Glad you guys are safe! We still miss you... and love you all!

Jordan and Rachel said...

I know just how you feel. I am going through that exact same thing right now. Jordan and I arrived here in Rochester and I am singing the "Nobody like me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms song." :) Jordan teases me because I keep saying I need some friends or something and he say's "I can't be your friend because Abigail and I are already friends:)" Hahaha I am so glad he can make me smile. Call me any time. I would love a friend to chat to. We are in the same time zone too. I love ya!