Monday, June 30, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting...






So I have an adorable little niece and nephew that live here in Logan (Katie and Andrew), and Ang and Scott went on a cruise for the weekend with his work, so we told them we'd watch the kids. Whew! Man parenting is a lot of work! It really made both Justin and I think, "Can we really do this? Oh, well - it's a little late for going back now!" We really had a great four days with them and they are so cute, but I realized after we got back to our apartment that last night that I was emotionally, physically and mentally exhausted! I definately thanked Heavenly Father that kids come, usually, one at a time and as little babies so that you can get used to each other and grow together. I'm still not sure that I'm up for this whole thing, but I'm feeling a little better about it all as I look around and realized that people do it all the time and they survive and have wonderful lives and wonderful little families. (I feel a little like the little engine saying to myself "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.")


Some of my favorite moments from this weekend though were at the little play-date that we had in the park with Dana and baby Mason and taking pictures to capture how cute they all are. I can't get over how cute Katie is when she says in her cute little voice "baby" at every child under the age of 2 that she sees (even if they are way bigger than her). And I think the ultimate favorite moment of the weekend was when we were all visiting my work on Friday and Andrew and I went to the bathroom. We were each in our separate stalls and he was talking to me about various random things and then he said "Elise, I love you. Your my best friend." I was sitting there on the toilet and just had to laugh and think "Where else in a public restroom would I hear from someone that they loved me and that I was their best friend except from this cute little 5-year old!" It was priceless. I told him I loved him too and that he was definately my best friend too. I just don't think it gets much better than that!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Elise! I randomly ran across your blog and thought I'd say hello! How have you been all these years? Congratulations on the baby!

Jamie Younker said...

Forward Ho! .....

NEVERMIND!

Do you remember that?! I don't know why, but I immediately thought of it the moment I saw your blog. Mandy spilled the beans that she found you online and I had to join in the fun. Can we please play this summer? How are you feeling? Any better? What kinds of foods can you handle? Do you have a favorite craving yet? okay... lots of questions. I should leave you in peace. lol. LOVE YA!

Dana said...

We loved our playdate with you guys too. I did just realize though that that outfit makes Mason look a little girly. Oh, well. Anyway, loved the pics.

Taryn said...

Elise I found your blog! How are you guys? We are in Ohio now and having a good time! Keep in touch!

Taryn said...

Oh and now that I have read your blog...you are having a baby!!! Yeah Elise I am so happy for you guys!