Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Growing Boy...

I felt the need to write a novel about what Braden is like and what he's up to these days. I haven't done that for quite a while, so here it is. Feel free to skip down past this post and just jump to the birthday fun (It really is a long post but I promise if you keep scrolling you'll get there! Haha!)! So for myself or anyone else interested, here is what my little growing boy is like these days. :)
One thing hasn't changed - he is a little ball of energy!!! He gets it from Justin and I don't think it will ever change. I hope it doesn't. He has so much excitement and energy for life - it is a little bit contagious (and at certain times a little bit tiring, haha!) and you can't help but get caught up in that positive energy!

Braden just gets more and more fun! He is starting to get more and more independent (which has it's ups and downs) and likes to prove that he is a big boy! His excitement for balls, trucks, throwing things into water, trains, climbing and almost anything else boyish is so fun to watch! Oh, and chocolate...I can't leave chocolate out of the mix of his favorites! He was just meant to go to a chocoholic family! :)

He loves sports more than almost anything else and runs up and down the halls or rooms with balls exclaiming (in a breathless excitement), "I playing volleyball!" or "I playing soccer!" or "I playing football!" or "I playing golf ball!" or "I playing basketball!"

He has his sports vocabulary down - which is quite hilarious sometimes! Often when he trips and falls he looks up and says, "I got tackled!" I laugh every time! Justin has recently taught him about fumbling the football, which is equally hilarious when it gets thrown into his commentary on what is happening with the balls in the room.

Braden recently discovered Robin Hood (the cartoon version from years ago) and I think Robin Hood is one of his new heroes! Along with Tigger (because he bounces - Braden even imitates the "woo-hoo-hoo-hoo" sound he makes and will bounce around the house or the couch or the bed saying "bounce like Tigger!" It is so funny!), Bert and Ernie (Sesame Street), and Dory (Finding Nemo).

But my favorite of his heroes is Joseph Smith!

We have the Restoration dvd and Braden LOVES to watch it! It is the sweetest thing to hear him get excited about all the animals on the farm, Joseph and his brothers playing, Joseph going into the grove to pray and Joseph's father getting baptized. He points all of those things out to us every time! The first time pointed out "baptized" on his own was one of the sweetest moments of my life! And any time he is not wanting to be quiet or fold his arms for the prayer all we have to do is remind him that Joseph Smith prayed and almost instantly he is ready to pray because he wants to be like Joseph Smith! It is so sweet.

He is getting more and more social (to our great delight), but still is a shy little boy just like his dad was. And he is a little talker, just like his dad was when he was a boy.

When I was pregnant I prayed and prayed that if we had a little boy he would be just like his dad. I didn't realize how exactly my prayers would be answered! He is JUST like his dad in so, so many ways it is uncanny. Justin's mom even just looks at Braden and is amazed that it is really a little replica of her Justin as a toddler - from his looks to his personality and energy.

Sometimes I think I didn't quite know what I was getting myself into when I prayed so earnestly for this little boy to be just like his dad (haha!), but really I am so happy to have my own little mini-man! :) I wouldn't have it any other way.

One of my personal favorite things about Brado is that he is a touchy-feely kind of boy. He loves to be up on ours laps, loves to wrestle, loves to hug, loves to climb on us, loves to tickle and be tickled, etc. He loves even to be hugged or snuggled or have his back rubbedwhen he goes to sleep. He will still fall asleep in my arms when he's tired and I'm so grateful he hasn't grown out of all these things! I am a very touchy person, so it just fills my heart up when I get to spend moments being close with him - whether in play or in peace.

It's such a blessing! I hope with all my heart he never grows out of that, but part of me knows there is a good chance that he will - so I try to cherish all these hugs and tackles and fun, sweet times while I can!

Life in general is such a blessing, and having this little child in my life just makes it 10 times greater! At times it seems 10 times harder, but so worth the 10 times of greater life, love and happiness!

Heavenly Father sure knows us and knows what we need. And I am so grateful for it! At times I wonder that He entrusted us with this precious little boy, but I can't thank Him enough for giving us the chance!

0 comments: