Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas and a Happy New BABY!!!

We are having a baby!!!! We have kept it a secret for a LONG time (it was SO HARD!!!) in order to make it a Christmas surprise for our families! But they all finally know now so I can spill the beans here too!
We are so excited! I am about 23 weeks along. Now, I'm not quite so big as I look in the picture above...we had a family photo shoot since all my family is here for Christmas and we wanted a maternity picture so I stuck out my belly with all my might to make it look like I was further along. :)
We are most likely having a boy - at least it was looking pretty clear at our 13 week ultrasound - but that was pretty early to be telling so we'll get another confirmation ultrasound the end of next week when we get back to VA.
It was a bit of a surprise to Justin and I, but we are so excited!
To be completely honest we are quite nervous too, because this little baby is due not only in the middle of finals week, but also a month before Justin takes his Board exams (huge test on everything he has learned thus far to determine whether he can move on to the next year and also what residencies he can get into). After that there is a little break, but then the beginning of July Justin starts his 3rd year which means he's pretty much gone all the time. I keep looking at all that and going..."How?" - but I'll just have to trust the Lord. He thinks we can do this, so for now that will have to be enough for me. It's not going to be easy, but I know I will learn a lot and grow a lot. :)
The thought of having a little newborn in my arms just melts my heart and I'm so excited that our little family is growing!

Braden's not exactly sure what this all means though but he loves to listen to the baby's heartbeat in the doctor's office and see the ultrasounds. He's going to be a fun big brother!
This little baby is healthy and active that's for sure! Always bouncing around and doing flips. It feels very similar to how active Braden was, so I think we are in for another little ball of energy!
I have no doubt that they will have a great time running around and getting into mischief together! haha!

Not all the pictures from our photo shoot (done by the amazing Melissa Kilner) are edited yet, but she gave us a little sample of some of them. I can't wait to see the rest!








It's been a great Christmas!!!

7 comments:

Ellis said...

Hurray for baby #2!! I am so excited for you, Elise! I have loved watching Genevieve be a big sister and the joy she gets from her little brother. It is wonderful. I know that you will receive help in so many different forms, even (and especially) from Braden. There are definitely challenges in have two kids, but in a lot of ways, I thought that the second baby and having two is easier than having one (maybe I'm just weird...) You are going to do great! (especially once you get past the first 2 months...)

The photos are beautiful! I can't believe you could wait so long before telling anyone! I would have burst! How fun and memorable!

Taryn said...

Congrats! I can't believe you kept a secret for so long! How fun!!!

Linds said...

Yay! What a fun Christmas surprise for everyone. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you : )

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You will be busy, but you will be great with 2! So excited for you both and can't wait to hear more!

the Flammers said...

Hooray! Congratulations on the baby and on keeping it a secret for so long - that's hard. We hope you're feeling well.

Krystal said...

I agree that keeping it a secret for so long would be super hard. That's fun though. Congratulations on another little one!

Jamie Younker said...

I am officially behind on reading your blog! (Although I did see this fun announcement on facebook!) I am SO impressed that you were able to keep a secret of this magnitude! I bet your families were so excited! I am so excited for you. Double the kids, double the fun! I am sure that it will be a stressful couple of months with Justin's schooling and everything but I know you can do it. You're an incredibly strong person and such a great mom.

Love ya! And CONGRATS again!