Wednesday, April 7, 2010

...And to top it all off, Summertime Fun!

(Brooke and Braden sharing the kiddie pool toys)
Well, I know this is going to sound crazy, but summer is here! Although I'm sure it's going to go back to the 70's, the weather decided it was ready to jump forward a bit and we have had temps in the mid 90's all week! At first I felt like I had gotten whip-lash from the weather, but after a little time to adjust it's been great! Unfortunately I don't have many summer clothes yet for Braden - I thought I'd have a little more time on that one. All the med-student wives and kids got together at the beach today. We played and had a picnic lunch and life couldn't have been better! Braden LOVED the water and the sand and thought it was great to splash around. I have a feeling we are going to be spending a lot of time at the beach this summer!
(p.s.-any and all visitors are more than welcome! We have a room for you and will provide the food! :) Come on, you know you want to be sitting on Virginia Beach, don't you?!)

Playing in the Sand
Cute little Maggie, about to do a nose dive into the water!
Rachel and Kade having fun in the sand.

3 comments:

Taryn said...

I am jealous you live so close to the beach, Elise! It has been pretty nice in Columbus too, but we only have the zoo and some parks to keep us entertained! It looks like you are enjoying your new little life. I knew you would get used to it and have a blast. So happy you are doing well!

Elisa said...

Fun! I am glad you are so close to the beach. Maybe we'll be able to make it out soon. We sure would love some of that summer heat!. We just came home from Montana where it was snowing almost everyday. I am sooo ready for Mexico now! I just have to gear myself up to have fun and not get to nervous about leaving the girls for a whole week. When are you guys coming again? We didn't get the dates from mom and dad but they told us you are coming. Can't wait!

Jamie Younker said...

I'm sooooo jealous! I'm craving summer like crazy! I can't believe how much Braden has grown up. He's such a cutie!