Monday, December 8, 2008

Projects, projects and more projects!






Well, to answer all your questions...nope, no baby yet. We are anxiously and very impatiently waiting and I walk 30-60 minutes every morning hoping to encourage the contractions that I do have all day long to be more intense and productive. I don't think I've ever been so excited to feel intense pain.
Anyway, I'm trying to be a little more patient and focus on enjoying the time that Justin and I have to ourselves until this little guy comes. :) And, thanks to my wonderful Justin, things are finally ready for our little guy to come! We have been working on project for months and months, and they are finally all finished! You see, I'm not much of a "nester". You'd think that I would be panicking that the baby could be born any day, and we have not yet gotten the carseat installed, and are just barely getting the room presentable enough for the baby to even have a place to sleep, but that's just us I guess. Anyway, here are the projects that Justin finished up this last week:

Gliding rocking chair ottoman - we bought a gliding chair for $5 at a garage sale months ago, and ever since Justin has been feeling the need to make an ottoman to go with it. So, he drew up a design, we went to Home Depot, he spent many hours cutting and sanding and lacquering, and viole, we have a gliding ottoman with a matching pillow! It's great!

Dressers - Justin and I have never owned a dresser, let alone found one for the baby. In fact, I think it's been about six years since I have used a real dresser. We recently tried our luck at the DI and found these two just waiting for us! So we brought them home and Justin worked on them all day. By nightfall we had a dresser for us and for the baby! YAY! It is SO nice!

Crib - We also purchased a crib at a garage sale for $5 and decided to refinish it. Big mistake. There are about a million dowels with scalloped edges that take 1-2 hours each to sand down - by hand. We have been working on this crib for a majority of the nine months I've been pregnant! I would never do this again, but it is beautiful and we love it. Let's just say it had better last a LONG TIME. Right now I don't have a picture of it put together, because there is not enough room in the bedroom for both it and the bassinet we are going to use. So, once our little guy is big enough that we want him in the crib, I'll try to remember to take a picture of it to show you all. I really love it.

And with that, our projects are finally finished! Everything is put away and we are just waiting for this little baby to join us!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! What great projects! The ottoman is amazing...way to go Justin! And the dressers look fabulous! I hope your little babe gets here soon...can't wait to see him! Good luck!

Elisa said...

They look great! I love making old things new! I even convinced my neighbor to do that for a dresser in her baby's room, and she is so glad she did, because it looks great, and saved her so much money! We are anxiously awaiting the arrival as well! You must keep us updated. And I must have your nesting instincts if you say you aren't much of a nester, because I am an EXTREME nester. I get it from day one of being pregnant, and make up projects that HAVE to be done when the rest are copmlete. It sort of drives Jeremy nuts!

jaci said...

what a handy husband you have! and how awesome that you found such cool deals at DI and garage sales -- i admire people who can do that. amazing. can't wait for the babe to get here!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like he can come anytime now!! I still have your shower present. I wish I would have been able to attend. Let me know if there is a time I can drop it by. I know things are crazy for you right now!! Isn't it so much fun!!

Jamie Younker said...

WOW! I'm so impressed with your husband's ability to just whip out an ottoman. I can't wait to see a picture of this crib! I can't even imagine how tedious of a task that must have been!

Hang in there girl- Life is about to get SOOOO good! (And soooo hard all at the same time!)It's the best!