Monday, December 8, 2008

A Great Thanksgiving...










Justin and I had the best Thanksgiving! The week started out with me fixing my first Thanksgiving dinner. It was wonderful! The rolls were the only big disasters, but in the end they turned out great. (We had some overzealous yeast that decided to explode while rising in a warm oven! I wish I had taken a picture because it was really pretty amazing. I am also very grateful for a handy husband who is able to unscrew things and pry the oven door open when I accidently broke the lock and got it stuck while the rolls were cooking in the oven! I wish I had a picture of that one too. It was all really funny!) It was so nice to have the leftovers and the good company over for some pre-Thanksgiving turkey dinner.

Next, we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Neilson's for Thanksgiving. We stayed with my aunt and uncle, Shawn and Heather, which was a blast! Justin got to play football with all the guys (an event he looks forward to all year), and came away this year without any injuries (except a few nasty bruises that is)! On Black Friday Justin and I ventured out to do some shopping. This was officially my first encounter with shopping the day after Thanksgiving. It wasn't too bad - I think mostly because we didn't go out until the afternoon when some of the mad rushes were gone. I don't know how people do that 5am shopping stuff. Some people must just love a good deal more than I do, I guess. Anyway, we found some good stuff, so it was successful.

The best though is that every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving my mom's family gets together and goes to a little town called Eureka to cut down a Christmas tree. Although this tradition has been happening my whole life, I have never participated until this year! Justin and I went with them, found a tree, cut it down and brought it back to Logan! Now it is so pretty in our living room and it makes our apartment smell SO GOOD! Our first real Christmas tree. It's so exciting! I love Christmastime!

1 comments:

Jamie Younker said...

Sounds like a fun holiday weekend! Black Friday and I have an interesting relationship. One of those love/hate things. I was one of the crazy people who got to Walmart at 3:30 in the morning. I managed to throw up and pass out before all the madness even began! The strangest part is that I still feel like it's worth it. My husband works at dominos and I am a part time teacher ... and it's thanks to black friday that we're able to afford Christmas! So three cheers for throwing up on customers at Walmart! ;)