Monday, September 1, 2008

Capitol Reef Natl. Park

While we were down in Southernish Utah, Justin and I decided we should go and checkout Capitol Reef Natl. Park, since it's only about 30 miles away from Fish Lake and we rarely get down that way. It was so amazing to see the stark red cliffs and the petroglyphs. We had a great time hiking around and taking pictures. Justin was sweet and helped me when my hips where trying to pop out of joint as they so often do. He's had lots of sympathy pains throughout this pregnancy. Anyway, it was a great place to go, and they have orchards with free fruit you just go pick off the tree and eat! Justin was very disappointed that we didn't see a scorpion while we were there. I was rather glad we didn't. It was truly amazing to see how the water carves so many amazing things. It was a great day of enjoying God's creations.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

This looks so neat. You are such a cute pregnant girl!! I hope you are feeling okay!

the Flammers said...

That sounds like lots of fun. I love the fact that you guys take advantage of all the great places nearby. If you really want to see a scorpion we can send you one from our house. :D