Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Isn't he just so handsome in his little Easter outfit?!!! I love it. :)
I found the pants and vest at the thrift store for 69 cents each a few months ago! And the bow tie is the amazing crafty work of my sister-in-law, Elisa! She's so talented. It was just the perfect touch to his little outfit!

We had such a fun Easter weekend! Braden has been so excited for Easter all month long!
He LOVED dying the eggs:
(We took off his shirt so I wasn't so anxious about him spilling dye on it)

Then later in the week we had a little Easter Egg hunt for a few friends:

They were all VERY happy with their spoils! :)
The next day we went to our ward's pancake breakfast and easter egg hunt, which Braden was doubly excited about because he LOVES Easter Egg hunts and he LOVES his Curious George book, where Curious George goes to the pancake breakfast fundraiser. Braden thought it was so exciting that he was getting to go to a pancake breakfast, "Just like George!"

Sunday morning was perfect! I had Braden's Easter basket waiting for him in our room when he got up the next morning. (He always comes into our room and snuggles with us in bed while drinking some milk in the morning) But to my surprise, he didn't notice it at all! After a while I pointed it out to him and his face lit up and he just sat there, looking at it in awe. I finally persuaded him to go over and see what all was in it and his reactions were all "ooohhhhh" and "wow"!!! It was so fun to see how excited he was about some bubbles and some Easter candy!

We spent some time that morning watching some Mormon Messages about Christ, and playing while listening to some beautiful Easter music. He loves the picture of Christ stepping out of the tomb (but is always so concerned about how Jesus' one foot seems to be "stuck"in the tomb! haha!).
Justin had informed me that growing up they didn't hide the plastic Easter eggs, but always hid the boiled eggs that they had dyed. I thought this was a really good idea! So we hid them for Braden to find and then ate them with our breakfast. Braden loved it just as much as the ones with candy, so it was great!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and a wonderful way to celebrate Christ and all things becoming new again with Spring. I loved starting some new traditions with our family, and having Braden old enough to participate and be excited about them!

1 comments:

Jamie Younker said...

Wow, he looks so handsome in his church clothes! Makes me want to buy little boy clothes, but I guess I should probably have a little boy first!

First of all- I TOTALLY forgot about the nasty peanut butter experimental eggs. AH! Good memories! I miss you!

Secondly- Don't you love curious George?! All of my girls absolutely love him! In fact I blame George for the fact that Livy's language for the first 18 months of her life sounded more chimp like than human like. :)

Looks like you had a great weekend!