Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Aren't they so cute?!!! Justin and I were sick this Halloween, which made for a kind of bummer Halloween for Braden, but we still tried to have a little fun! Justin hates dressing up, and told me he would only dress up if I found a "Man in the Yellow Hat" costume, from Curious George. He only said this because he didn't think I would ever come up with a totally yellow outfit for him, but he underestimated me. Haha! :) I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. He grumbled a lot, but was a great sport and dresAlign Centersed up.
Braden made the cutest little monkey! And he loved playing the part! After putting the costume on he even kept referring to himself as a monkey. When it was time to go to our ward's Trunk or Treat he kept saying to himself, "Come on, Monkey" "In car, Monkey" "Sit down Monkey" and "Let's go Monkey!"
It was so funny! It seemed the most natural thing to him to be playing a monkey.
He loved saying Trick or Treat and getting candy. And the next morning the first thing he did when he woke up was come into our room and ask for his milk and to put on George Monkey.

I was in a more-than-usually indecisive mood, so instead of picking and choosing which pictures to put up, I just put them all up.

I have to laugh at this one because it looks like he is professing his love to his banana!

He really enjoyed putting on the make-up...




He looks like a such a sad, lonely little monkey here!

He was almost a cow this year, but as you can see he wasn't nearly as happy about it as he was with the monkey. Plus his head is just really too big for the cow hat...
And we started a great tradition this year! He and I made sugar cookies!
I have never made sugar cookies with Braden before and he thought it was awesome!
He loved eating the dough and flour, and especially loved cutting out the shapes and putting them on the pan. He was really sad when we were all out of dough and wanted to take them all off and do it over again!
Then later I had him put sprinkles on them after I had frosted them. He loves anything that shakes, and loves sugar, and loves making a mess - the combination of all of these was like the best thing ever! He's been asking to make cookies ever since and I have no doubt that he will talk me into it one of these days and we will be making that great fun mess all over again!
Now we just need someone to eat all the cookies besides me! :)

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Cute! Looks like fun, and Jeremy has been waiting to see pictures of the man in the yellow hat. Great job on the outfit!

Ellis said...

LOVE it, Elise. What a cute little monkey and way to go getting your hubby to dress up. So did you make him dress up and then not dress up yourself? Love traditions, even more now with my own children. Looks like you guys are having fun!

Dana said...

That is so hilarious!! I love the costumes and especially that Justin was the Man in the yellow hat. So darn funny. Hey, I know I am lame and a bad friend. When my life gets crazy I turn into tunnel vision woman and can't see outside of my house pretty much. I want to chat.