Tuesday, March 9, 2010

rough day...

Some days I am just an emotional basket-case! Today happened to be one of "those days"... I'm up and down and tend to view the world through those "what is WRONG with everyone else today?!" kind of lenses. After a rough afternoon/evening here's how it all ended:

Me: "What's wrong with me today?! I'm up and down and all over the place! I really hope this is PMS because I just don't even feel like myself!"
Justin: "Who do you feel like?"
Me: "Some crazy person who's an emotional nightmare!"
Justin: (with a slight smile on his face) "........ummm-"
Me: (trying not to laugh at myself) "-Don't you say a word."
Justin: "Okay. I better go do something." (leaves laughing)

Definitely two of the greatest gifts in my life are a very quickly forgiving and loving little boy and a husband who, instead of treating me like the crazy person I am sometimes, just loves me and helps me to laugh at myself! Heavenly Father knew what He was doing. Our 4th anniversary in on Thursday and I am so grateful for that day four years ago when we were sealed together! Poor guy is stuck with me for eternity and it is going to be the best journey ever! I guess even for a rough day, life is pretty darn good. :)

5 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has those "rough days"! I agree that it really does help to have good husbands that put up with our emotions =)

Jordan and Rachel said...

The house is finished! Elise you are amazing! I can't wait to see you guys soon.

Amanda said...

Those days are no fun, but I think they're important to help us love the good days even more :)
I hope things look up soon!

Jamie Younker said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with days like that :) I hope you're having a better day and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY last week! YAY! Did you do anything fun? We didn't. I got sick and spent all day studying for my PRAXIS II exam and carson spent the day at the library studying for his mid-terms. LoL. So much for keeping the romance alive eh?

Dana said...

Elise, that story has me giggling so much to myself right now. I would laugh out loud but all three of my boys are asleep in my bed right now. HILARIOUS, partly because I know exactly the faces that both of you made and that makes me laugh, and partly because I feel like that convo has happened before in our house a time or two. We did get really good boys because we are slightly crazy....but we are way more fun than those un crazy girls. Love you guys and can't believe how fast that little boys is growing. So glad you got to go to Michael Buble and that you are up to fun stuff. Miss you guys lots and hope you will break down and bring the whole fam to Utah soon.:)