Sunday, May 31, 2009

Eating machine



Braden apparently takes after me when it comes to food (those who know me well know exactly what that means) - he's an eating machine! Sometimes I can't believe how much he eats. He loves every kind of food that we give him (so far) and I rarely get any signal from him saying that he's done. He eats a small bowl of food (bigger than the little jars of baby food) at every meal and just downs the whole thing. The other day he ate a whole mashed up banana by himself. He doesn't even give me any cues that he's done usually. I just stop feeding him because I think he's going to be sick if I give him anymore. Luckily I am making my own baby food instead of buying it - which is remarkably easy by the way - or else we'd be going broke on baby food!

What's even funnier is that anytime we are eating food, whether he's hungry or not, he looks up at us and leans forward like he's saying "I'm ready, give me some!" Sometimes he gets downright mad that we are not sharing our food with him. Funny boy. He has always thought he is older than he is. Unfortunately he's getting really good at grabbing things too, so we have to be careful what we let within his little reach or else it's snatched up. He's so good at giving those puppy-dog eyes when looking at the food someone else is eating, I have no doubt that before long he's going to sucker someone into giving him something he shouldn't be eating yet. It sure didn't take him long to pick up this whole eating thing!

2 comments:

Maybury said...

He is getting so big. This is a fun age to take him to restruarants. Some waiters are really lame and put everything right in front of speedy hands. You can tell when they have kids because they are a lot more careful about that kind of thing. I love it! He is getting so big.

k myers said...

That is great he likes to eat! It is so cute when babies do the "feed me lean", so just enjoy it and watch his quick little fingers. I am glad all is well in WA, and I hope you family reunion is a BLAST! Talk to you soon and I hope all is well!!!!