Friday, May 6, 2011

Cameron Jay Peterson

(Cameron holding Braden's finger - so precious!)

Here is our little boy!!!
Cameron Jay Peterson was born @ 8:38am on May 3, 2011
7lb 8oz and 20in long
He has quite the pair of lungs on him (but luckily for us he doesn't cry much! :), he is so precious and sweet and he just sleeps all the time! A wise friend of mine, Dana, once said that you are blessed with the baby you can handle at the time. For us that is most definitely true!
Cameron is such a little sleeper. Justin and I don't know what to do with ourselves! He just eats and sleeps, all the time! Braden was definitely a good little eater too, but he was never a sleeper. It is quite fun to have a sleepy, snuggly little newborn around!
We are all loving it! Even Braden. :)

I will post more about the birth and things later, but for now wanted to get a few pictures up.
One of the rare moments with his eyes open! I thought I better document it. :)





At first I was amazed that I didn't find Cameron to look anything like Braden. Then I looked at a few newborn pictures of Braden and realized that I was wrong! They look way more alike than I thought they did. Now every time I look at Cameron I feel like I am seeing a little newborn Braden again - except he sleeps all the time and has hair in the back. :)
Above is Cameron at the hospital, below is Braden the day we brought him home. There are definitely a few differences, but a lot of similarities!

6 comments:

Linds said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well and he is here safe and sound. It's funny how you didn't think he looked like Braden when he was born because I was thinking the same thing, until I compared the two pictures. I guess it just shows how much Braden has grown and changed since he was born. It will be fun to watch Cameron do the same : )
Congratulations again!

Taryn said...

Congratulations, Elise! Your previous post must have made your little family sound just too exciting, Cameron just couldn't wait any longer to join the party! Glad everything went well and that Braden is loving his brother. Good luck with the adjustments ahead. You will have to tell me how to do it all! :)

Ellis said...

Congrats, mama! How fun to have two boys! I hope they will always be the best of friends! Enjoy the baby moon! Love ya girly!

Krystal said...

Congrats, Elise! He's so adorable!

Heather said...

Congratulations! He is perfect!

Jace and Steph Ovard said...

He is darling! He has such a cute nose :) congrats to you all!