Monday, September 27, 2010

Date Night with Brado

Wednesday's are becoming me and Braden's date night. :)
Justin plays soccer from 5:30 until 7ish, so I decided we should go out and have some fun, too.
This week we went to the Chrysler Museum of Art! It is free, welcomes kids and is a great place to explore. Braden had a great time. The museum is pretty big, so we didn't see nearly everything, but the rooms we did see he would walk into and go "oooooh" and point to things, then run to the next room to do the same thing. I think his favorite parts were the big panels of cloth artistic-ly hung from the ceiling (they were very colorful!) and all the big, castle-like stairs to climb!
Monkey had to come along for the trip, too. :)

The museum from the outside.
The view from the museum. It was a beautiful, warm evening, which made it even better.

These beauties popped up in our yard a week ago! It was so fun and random - they are not connected to a bush or anything, just random stalks that pop up the end of fall and make these beautiful, bright flowers! Thanks to the genius of my friend Linds, I was able to find out exactly what they were from the picture - Nerine Lily or Guernsey Lily. They are from Africa and do look quite exotic. I'm glad they grow here. :)
(Rachel - yes, that is the same Guernsey of the book! Supposedly a ship of these sunk right by the island and they took root there and started to grow. I was so happy I knew where Guernsey was and a little bit about it! I think we are going to have to go there someday. :) )

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow they are so beautiful! I totally agree with you we need to go to the island. I would love for us to sneak away sometime and just explore and learn all about the island. Let's plan on it!

Elisa said...

Beautiful! I have never seen anything like it. They are very ornate, and simple, and beautiful all at the same time!

Ellis said...

I am so glad you have fun, cultural things to go do/see. Braden is so lucky to have you as a mother! Glad you got all moved and are doing well!